Outschool is a platform that allows teachers to easily create interactive courses and share them with students. It’s designed for those interested in teaching who may not have the time or resources needed to develop their own lessons, but still want to make a difference by sharing what they know.
The “outschool teaching jobs” is a website that allows teachers to teach online. The site has 4 easy steps for people to follow in order to start teaching with outschool.
Would you want to begin teaching with Outschool?
Whether you’re a rookie or a seasoned online instructor, everything that’s going on in the ESL world (China’s ban on ESL private coaching) is likely to overwhelm you.
Or maybe you just want to start a side venture to supplement your income.
In any case, teaching for a new organization may be intimidating, and you may end up feeling confused and never taking that initial step.
In this A-Z guide, I’ll cover everything you need to know about how to become an Outschool instructor and start making money doing something you like.
Is that reasonable?
Let’s get started.
Posts About How To Teach English Online That Might Interest You:
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them, I may get a commission at no additional cost to you. I hope you find the information provided here to be helpful! Thanks.
What Exactly Is Outschool?
Outschool is an online marketplace where kids ages 3 to 18 may study academic and non-academic courses from the comfort of their own homes.
You get to design your own courses and then use Zoom to teach live classes to groups of students. You may use your knowledge and experience in any subject to develop an instructional program that is both fun and useful to your pupils.
Is Outschool a Real School?
Outschool is a well-established organization with over 900,000 students in 174 countries. It was established in 2015 and quickly became the go-to alternative for parents who wanted their children to continue their education throughout the epidemic.
Is it Safe to Attend School Outside of the Classroom?
Outschool does an outstanding job of ensuring that its sessions are as safe for children as possible.
For one thing, the organization aspires to provide a secure environment in which students may securely engage with one another while being certain that their physical and mental well-being, as well as their privacy, are not jeopardized.
Parents may also sign up for programs or even participate in them, and teachers must pass a background check.
Furthermore, all transactions are safe and encrypted.
4 Steps to Getting Started With Outschool Teaching
This section (and everything else!) should be read if you wish to learn how to become an Outschool instructor.
1. Examine the requirements for out-of-school teachers
The following are the fundamental conditions that must be met:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America, Canada, England, Wales, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Ensure you have a stable Internet connection. (upload and download speeds of above 3Mbps)
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and have your identification verified.
You are fine to go as long as you have one or more areas of knowledge or passion to teach in your courses and complete the qualifications listed above. You do not require:
- A teaching credential
- encounter in the classroom
- A degree
2. Follow these 6 simple steps to get started.
‘I satisfy all of the aforementioned standards.’
You’re in luck! You may apply to be an Outschool instructor in six simple steps:
- Familiarize yourself with Outschool – Use the Get Started guide to learn the fundamentals of teaching using Outschool, and join their Facebook community for aspiring instructors.
- Complete Outschool 101 – This five-minute course will teach you all you need to know to get started teaching with Outschool. You must complete it in order to begin the application process.
- Apply to teach — At this stage, you may submit your application, as well as a written and video sample, as well as any relevant information about the topics you want to teach. Make your enthusiasm come through, since this is what they are looking for in applications.
- Verify your Identity – A business named Berbix specializes in identity verification, and you must go through a free, safe, and rapid procedure to verify your identity.
- Complete your background check – You must pass a background check conducted by Checkr before you can begin teaching.
- Complete Required Training – You will learn more about class content rules, safety, and privacy throughout these training sessions.
3. Create a profile for yourself as a teacher.
You may arrange a call with an Outschool instructor after you’ve completed the training classes to get a feel of how to navigate and utilize the platform – it’s optional!
Regardless, you will be given a wealth of information to assist you in creating your instructor profile. In a nutshell, you must provide:
- Contact information for the most part (email, location)
- Background information about who you are and what qualifies you to be a good teacher (including name, headline, and title)
- Replace the picture with a new one.
- Make a 30-90 second video self-introduction.
Remember that you’re speaking to both youngsters and parents while filling up your profile! Make an effort to be personable, sincere, and professional.
Remember to specify your timetable and availability as you create your Outschool schedule — it’s another advantage of this employment.
4. Arrange Your Classes
You may create four different sorts of classes:
- One-time — These courses only meet once to cover a single subject.
- Ongoing — These sessions meet once a week and have no start or end date since students may come and go as they like. Lessons are not coordinated and organised into a cohesive program.
- Multi-day — These sessions are part of an organized curriculum, and students must start from the beginning of the course. For a lengthy period of time, the same students attend the whole course and may have numerous courses each week.
- Flexible — These lessons are delivered through pre-recorded videos, tests, or other materials. Even if there are no live courses, instructors must be engaged and offer feedback on a regular basis.
It is suggested that you start by holding a one-time class.
What Can I Teach Outside of the Classroom?
If you’re looking for some ideas, check out the website’s top Outschool courses.
Listed below are a few examples:
Isn’t this not your typical science class?
Furthermore, teaching on Outschool provides you with a great deal of choice in terms of pricing, course type, format, and student type, class size, and length.
You may also include homework and progress evaluation activities in addition to producing an appealing cover picture, writing a compelling description, and making a gorgeous video description.
What Are the Benefits of Outschooling for Teachers?
Outschool is essentially a platform for instructors to design, market, and sell their courses. Teachers get access to a huge and varied community of learners and parents – yes, you must connect with parents – as well as great business assistance after their profile is authorized and their courses are offered.
The nicest aspect is that you may select your own expertise and build courses that are completely different from anything you learned in school.
Oh, and you can be paid handsomely – keep reading to learn more.
What Makes It Unique Among Other Online Teaching Platforms?
If you’re acquainted with other teaching platforms or work as an online teacher, you’re probably aware of how Chinese firms used to operate — in case you weren’t aware, China barred all foreign instructors from teaching Chinese students online.
To understand how teaching with Outschool differs from teaching with any other online teaching firm, it’s helpful to compare Outschool to Vipkid, a big Chinese online company.
Outschool vs. Vipkid
|Pay||Earning potential is limitless. Some professors earn more than $100 per hour.||Teachers earn around USD20 per hour.|
|Plans for Lessons||There are no lesson plans for out-of-school time. Teachers must design their own curriculum.||Lesson plans for Vipkid are available.|
|Bookings||Your ability to sell and position your courses determines your booking rate.||Your booking rate is determined by your reviews and video self-introduction (Good teachers used to have solid booking rates)|
|Students||You will be able to teach any topic to pupils who are fluent in English.||You will get the opportunity to teach English to Chinese students (Things have changed from July 2021)|
|Requirements||You must be a citizen of one of a select group of English-speaking nations.||A passport from an English-speaking nation, a degree, and a teaching certificate are all required.|
How much money can you make teaching in an out-of-school setting?
‘That seems like an excellent idea. Just a quick question… how much does Outschool pay?’
According to Outschool, the average instructor gets roughly $40 per hour, while some of the site’s top-performing teachers earn $10,000 per month.
Although the corporation gets a 30% cut, that’s still a lot of money for a side hustle, and it could easily evolve into a full-time job.
Teacher Evaluations Outside of the Classroom
At the end of the day, you must try it for yourself, as some people will undoubtedly like it while others will not.
In any event, knowing what existing instructors think about teaching on Outschool is beneficial — Children are wonderful, and you have a lot of flexibility and freedom, but you must be a self-starter, face a lot of competition, and your courses may be rejected at times, which is frustrating.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Teaching Outside of the Classroom
The following are the primary advantages:
- Teach anything you want – It’s not simply ESL; you can teach whatever you want.
- Earning potential – You get paid per student and may earn up to $10,000 per month and more.
- High Flexibility – You get to choose your students, what to teach, and how to teach it!
- Peak times – There are no such things as peak times. You may recruit students from Asia, Europe, or the United States, or you can… As a result, regardless of your time zone, you may teach at any time of day.
- The students — and their parents – are fantastic. Seriously, most evaluations mention this as a big high point.
Let’s have a look at the disadvantages:
- It takes time to develop a steady stream of pupils – There is no such thing as an instant success.
- Bookings are seasonal, so you could go without for a while, particularly during the summer.
- There are no pre-made lesson plans, thus there is a lot of prep work.
- Bad feedback and rejection – You must learn how to cope with rejection and negative criticism.
- High Competition — It’s a fantastic side hustle. Many individuals are vying for a slice of the cake.
Teaching With Outschool – Success Strategies
- Simply begin…slowly – First and foremost, you must begin; nevertheless, regard it as a side job; feel free to try and fail; and do not anticipate immediate success.
- Stick with it — After two months, you could be able to make $10,000 a month or… You may not be able to. Keep going if you achieve even tiny gains. Because success follows an exponential curve, every modest step in the correct path will add up and propel you forward.
- Test and double down — If one of your courses seems to have promise, create a few versions and give one-time courses to gather feedback and tweak appropriately. When you find something that works, build multi-class courses as a follow-up to your current one-off events.
- – LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! If you want to produce something that connects with your prospects and audience, you must continually listen to them.
- Build Relationships — Get to know your pupils as well as their parents. Thank them for signing up, and follow up with a thank you note after class. They will appreciate it and will most likely recommend you to other parents – the finest sort of marketing is word of mouth!
- Teach what you like – Another key to success with Outschool is to teach what you enjoy! There must now be a demand for it, and you must solve an issue or the intended consequence that your pupils seek.
Kids, on the other hand, are highly responsive, and they can sense if you are enthusiastic about what you do, which will decide whether or not they like your course.
Is It Worth It To Teach Outside Of School?
It is contingent on who you are.
If you’re a passionate and creative instructor who likes producing interesting lesson plans, you’ll probably enjoy designing your own courses and tweaking them based on feedback from students and parents.
This desire will most likely propel you through the starting stage, during which you will likely feel overwhelmed, have a low enrollment rate, and perhaps get unfavorable comments or even terrible evaluations.
In this scenario, teaching on Outschool is worthwhile; not only will you like it, but you will also have the opportunity to earn life-changing money.
Outschool is definitely not a good match for you if you’re simply looking for a side hustle and aren’t prepared to put in a lot of work If you have other priorities, that’s ok. You’ll be better off teaching using pre-made lesson plans that don’t need much effort — you can weigh all of your alternatives here.
Working with Outschool might be a successful side business that could lead to you quitting your day job. Because there aren’t many teaching platforms like Outschool, you’ll have to roll up your sleeves and compete with a legion of outstanding educators.
What is my recommendation? Don’t listen to them! Simply said, give it your all, produce something worthwhile, and make it relevant to your pupils.
That is how you will be able to start a new chapter in your life.
4 Simple Steps To Getting Started With Outschool
The “outschool reviews” is a website that offers reviews of different educational programs. It also provides information on how to start teaching without going through the school system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get approved for Outschool?
A: You will need to apply on the Outschool website. The application process is fairly simple and you must give a short, well written introduction about why you want an account for this service.
How do I become a successful Outschool teacher?
A: You cant.
How much does the average teacher make on Outschool?
- outschool online teaching
- outschool sample class
- outschool application questions
- outschool for adults
- outschool teacher pay